The inaugural WordCamp DC is looking for WordCamp speakers who will educate, inspire and inform attendees about topics related to WordPress. We are hoping to heavily feature local speakers and so we are calling for speakers from the DC metro area and beyond to submit a talk idea and share your experiences and expertise!
What We’re Looking For
WordCamp DC is going to be a little different than other WordCamps in terms of the format of the conference because we want to make sure we are addressing some special topics specific to the DC community. Check out the schedule outline to see what we’re talking about!
In addition to topics focusing on designing, writing content, building businesses, or expanding functionality, we are interested in topics and case studies related to the following areas:
- introductory web development
About Being a Speaker
- WordCamp DC is committed to creating a conference that is as inclusive as possible. If disability accommodations (e.g., communication access, alternate formats) are needed to participate fully in this event, please contact us.
- You do not need to be a professional speaker, but you should be knowledgeable about the topic you are presenting.
- You are encouraged to apply even if you have never spoken at a WordCamp before. If you need some inspiration, take a look at some of the great talks published on WordPress TV.
- If you are local to the DC metro area or have ties here, we would especially love submissions from you. After more than 80 meetups going back eight years, we intend to showcase the local WordPress community.
- All submissions will be reviewed by the organizer committee. We will use a “blind” submission review process to encourage diversity in speakers and topics. Be prepared to review and refine your speaker slides or other material for your presentation with an organizer prior to the event.
- Speakers will be provided free admission to WordCamp DC and will also be invited to attend a speaker dinner, but we cannot reimburse travel, lodging or other expenses.
- We plan to record all talks and post the videos to WordPress.tv. Speakers will need to sign an A/V release form prior to giving their presentation.
- All speakers must agree to follow our Code of Conduct.
The deadline to submit your proposal(s) is MIDNIGHT Eastern Time on Friday May 26th, 2017. You will be notified when a decision about your submission is made, no later than June 7th, 2017.
Speaker Submission Form
If you have multiple session ideas, please submit the form multiple times, but please try to limit your submissions to your best two or three proposals.